2018 Metro-Detroit Pond and Garden Club Scholarship
Student Selection Criteria
***POND CLUB MEMBERS AND RELATIVES ARE EXCLUDED FROM APPLYING
***To be considered for this scholarship, you must be
- A high school students who will be graduating from a public, parochial, private or charter high school in Wayne, Oakland or Macomb county.
- A student who can provide a letter of acceptance for enrollment to a four-year university, four-year college, or two-year community college program.
- A student with a grade point average (GPA) of a 3.0 or higher.
- A student that currently resides in the Greater Metropolitan Detroit area and surrounding communities.
- A student that has been recommended by their school counselor, principal, teacher, minister, or community leader.
(Please use check boxes provided to make sure you have submitted all the required documentation.)
Applicants must submit the following documents with the application:
- Completed Scholarship Application (Application MUST BE typed)
- Official Letter of Acceptance from the college or university applicant will be attending
- Official High School Transcript (Copies are acceptable)
- Three Letters of Recommendation – from teachers, counselor, community leader, etc.
- Two Page Essay- responding to “Why I deserve this scholarship.” (Must be double spaced)
***APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED***
Students who have been selected will be notified by regular mail or e-mail. It is very important to include accurate contact information. If we are not able to verify applicant information, if may forfeit the scholarship award.
Awarded Scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 will be sent to the selected college. Detailed information regarding the award program will be included in the letter. If your plans change and do not attend the college or university chosen, you must contact us immediately.
COMPLETED APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTATION MUBE BE POSTMARKED
DEADLINE: June 1st, 2018
The Application can be found under the Club Scholarship tab.